Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Time to Make it Happen

    I've decided it's time to make anything and everything happen!  Time to get a new career path figured out...or at least figure out what I need to do to get to where I want to be.  Also time to quit pinning so much on my Pintrest account.  I need to stop finding things that I want to do and DO THEM!  Time to have a little more gumption when it comes to losing weight.  Time to implement the ideas that are swirling in my head.

    I plan on making a timeline for the next few months and write down what I want done...and when it needs to be done by.  I'll post that when it's finished.  I tend to work better with deadlines, so hopefully this will get my butt in gear!

    I do know that one of my food plans for the month of March is to make breakfast every morning.  I am not a big breakfast eater (I know, I know...the most important meal of the day, blah, blah).  I never have been!  However, I have noticed that my indifference to breakfast has been passed down to my kids (my fault) and I don't like that!  Evyn and Sylas love pancakes, waffles, sausage, and bacon.  I'm pretty sure these aren't the best breakfast foods out there.  My job this month is to find new, healthy breakfasts they will look forward to eating.

    I tried to be sneaky today and give Evyn a frozen gogurt passed off as a popsicle.  She takes after me in the yogurt department - a big NO THANK YOU whenever it is offered.  I wish she would like it though and thought I may have come up with a solution.  Well, that little munchkin too smart.  I waited until after nap time when we always have the yummy snacks.  As I handed it to her, she took a sniff and stated, "This smells like yogurt, not popsicle."  After licking it a few times, she added, "It also tastes like yogurt.  This is not a good popsicle like at Manmum and Pop-pop's house."  I tried to laugh it off without having to outright lie to her, but it was to no avail.  She decided to have no snack at all if that meant she could throw away the "smelly popsicle". 

    Guess I'm going to have to be sneakier than a four year old in the future!

1 comment:

  1. something you could try is buying a popsicle tray & mixing greek yogurt(or any yogurt, greek is just not as sweetened) and fruit juice together & freezing it like a popsicle....totally sneaky & they taste like fruit popsicles PLUS they get the yogurt benefits...WIN/WIN! Great post, can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete