Saturday, February 4, 2012

Starting Over

    ALRIGHT!  I am starting over!  I got really overwhelmed with my new adventure...I was confused, nervous, and a little self-concious (when it came to the blogging).  I got in my rut, then realized I needed to be more realistic. 
    
    When it comes to our food, there aren't too many changes I really need to make - yay!  I already made fresh veggies and fruit.  I already tried to make as many meals from scratch as possible.  I already made sure my kids didn't get Little Debbie cakes for snacks.  SO my new goal is take one step at a time in making little changes.  The blog, Real Food in Little Rock, helped me understand that it is easier to do a change like this in baby steps.  For example, this month I am trying to buy more organic foods and to reduce our consumption of high fructose corn syrup.  I am going to look into local farmers so that I can compare the pricing.  I am more jazzed about this, because it seems less overwhelming by doing it in smaller stages!
   
    As far as the blog goes, I know that I need to write more often!  I am going to set aside time one night a week (Wednesdays are my night of choice!) to blog.  I was wondering if there was a point to write, because I felt that I wasn't writing about interesting topics.  I got caught up - again - in all these other mommy blogs that look awesome and have a ton of followers.  Then I remembered why I started this - for ME!  I'm sure I'll get better at blogging as time goes on.  I'm even going to look into how to design it a little better...maybe even add some ads or more decor.  For those of you that do read, thank you :)

    Tonight, the littles, hubby, and I are going to a latern festival.  We are all very excited as this will be something we've never done.  I'm hoping that it's a lot like the laterns in Tangled, as that is what I told Evyn is would be like!  If anyone would like to go, here is the link: Laterns!.  I'm pumped for the Rio de Janeiro vista because Evyn loves the movie Rio and also for the American Baseball vista as Sylas lives and breathes baseball. I'm hoping to get some awesome photos to share!

    Thank you to everyone who encourages me in my life changes - I love all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment