Monday, January 23, 2012

Back in the Rut...

    I'm sad to say it, but I'm back in my rut.  Maybe it has something to do with waking up with a super sore throat this morning...maybe it has to do with all the junk we ate this past weekend while out of town.  It's probably a combination of things.  I'm just feeling overwhelmed and out of my element.  I want desperately to de-clutter my house, but I can't seem to find the time to do the big plans I have.  I have most definitely been cooking better foods, but now I am having trouble finding new recipes that I think Evyn and Sylas will eat.  Not only am I making dinner, but I am also having to find healthy lunch recipes.  I want to work-out, but haven't been able to stick to a normal schedule.  All these things sound like excuses to me, so then I feel down about not just getting up and doing it.  This is a vicious cycle that I've gotten stuck in my head and want to break free of!!

    On a positive note, I did make my own chicken nuggets last week!  The littles LOVED them.  I thought they were pretty delish myself!  I got the recipe from a blog that I frequent weekly to get meal ideas.  Get the recipe here!  I made extra so that I could freeze them and have them on hand for other lunches or an easy dinner.  Evyn told me that she liked these better then the dinosaur nuggets we used to buy - which is a HUGE win for me!


    I suppose that's enough venting for now...I need to get up and do something productive to help get me out of this slump! I need to find that gumption I had when I started this blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment